What To Wear to a Water Park With the Kids: A Helpful Guide
It’s about to be the hottest time of the year. You’ve got spring break and summer break to look forward to, and you may have even planned a trip with the kids to a water park! It can be tricky to figure out what to wear and pack to the park, so we’ve got you covered.
Check out this helpful guide all about swimsuits for the water park! We’ve also thrown in some pool bag essentials so that you’ll be as prepared as it gets. Are you a one-piece swimsuit kind of gal, or do you like to stay breezy in a cute tankini or pair of shorts?
No matter your swimsuit style, there’s a look for everyone at Maxine, and we’re about to give you the perfect ones for the water park. Read ahead to get the scoop.
Pack Your Bag
Need some help figuring out what to throw in your pool bag? There are no-brainers, like a towel and sunglasses, but it’s easy to let some of the other essentials fly under the radar. If this sounds relatable, we’re here to make sure you’ve made your list and checked it twice.
If you’re busy planning the other details for the trip, like figuring out transportation, choosing a hotel, and preparing a meal budget, then you may have put bag packing on the back burner. Does this sound about right?
Don’t be left at the water park without what you need. Use this list as a reference for everything you’ll need on your trip.
- Water shoes
- Sunglasses and case
- Extra clothes
- Lock for lockers
- Cover up
- Light sweatshirt for the evening
- Shampoo and body wash for showers
- Wide-brimmed hat
You might have put these on your packing list already, but in case you haven’t, these are some essentials that we wouldn’t want to be without. Of course, you should check with whichever water park you’re going to as far as what items are allowed or not, but most of these on this list should be permitted.
Choosing a Swimsuit for the Water Park
Choosing a bathing suit for the water park could be challenging if you’re trying to find one that is as much a fashion statement as it is comfortable and practical.
At Maxine, we take pride in offering a variety of swimsuits. You can find anything from modest one-piece swimsuits to versatile tankinis, swim shorts, and board shorts. There’s everything in between for whatever style and preference you have, and our swimwear comes in sizes for all.
Need a little more help choosing a water park swimsuit? Read on to get the low down on one-pieces, tankinis, and shorts to decide which will be best for you.
Our favorite option for a water park swimsuit is a comfortable one-piece. Luckily, you can find amazing one-piece suits that are flattering while still being flirty and chic. Not only that but our one-piece bathing suits are fit to wear for any activity without feeling uncomfortable.
At Maxine, we have a wide range of styles of swimsuits, so we want to highlight a couple of our favorites for you here. These will be great if you’re looking for a vibrant swimsuit that will fit well all day long.
- Hydrangea Hills Wrap Front Mio One Piece: This swimsuit is gorgeous with its navy blue bodice and brightly colored floral bust. What’s great is that even though the style is flirty and fun, it will keep you covered and supported throughout the day.
- April Flowers Blouson Mio One Piece: Do you want a one-piece that’s a little less skin tight but still has the structure you need? This swimsuit hits all the checks for a stylish swimsuit you can be active in with the kids.
Tankini suits are swimsuits that will give you more styling options and can be easily mixed and matched. This might come in handy while you’re at the water park changing multiple times. Especially if your trip is going to be more than a day-long, you may want to have a couple of different bottoms and tops to switch up your look.
Tankinis are a must-have if you need to wash one suit while you’re out wearing another, or if you like feeling less restricted. While still giving coverage, tankinis feel less tight and restraining since they’re designed with separate tops and bottoms.
There are so many styles to choose from, but we managed to pick out a couple of our favorites that we think you’ll love.
- Aloha Orchid Two Tiered Tankini Top: We love this tankini top because of its bright look and flowy style. There’s nothing that screams a day in the water than a lively blue background with big florals. Not only that, but this top is complete with adjustable straps and molded cups.
- Jungle Cat High Neck Tankini Top: If you want a swimsuit that’s a little extra flirty and sexy, this is the one for you. Or, if you’re as in love with animal print as we are, then this is definitely the one for you. Not only is it chic, but this tankini top is also comfortable and supportive with underwire and a high neck.
You can wear swimsuit bottoms over your bathing suit or with a cute tank top or t-shirt. There’s plenty of outfit choice when it comes to wearing board shorts and swim shorts, and we love that you can’t get any more comfortable and modest than these.
Do you prefer to walk and swim in a pair of water-ready shorts? Choose between these two of our most loved pairs that you’ll never want to take off.
- Solid Woven Boardshort Bottoms: These boardshorts are wonderful for moving all day long, and they come in five different colors. If you’re daring, you could grab a couple of pairs so that you’re sure to stay ready for adventure.
- 24th & Ocean Solid Front Tie Swim Short Bikini Swim Shorts: Need a pair of shorts with extra coverage and an adjustable drawstring? These are the shorts for you, and they’re perfect for the water.
Stay Comfortable and Have Fun
Think you’re ready to hit the water park by now? If you hadn’t thought about what to wear before, we’re sure you have all the information you need now to pack your suitcase and pool bag and hit the park with the kids.
What to Pack for a Trip to a Water Park? | USA Today
13 Items to Take to a Water Park | ShermansTravel
What to Pack for a Great Day at the Water Park | Adventures in Familyhood